Lecturer – Bachelor of Mātauranga Māori
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution, which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines.
We are looking for a full time Lecturer to deliver the first year of the Bachelor of Mātauranga Māori programme.
The delivery mode of the programme will be blended learning utilising online learning, face-to-face wānanga and noho. Teaching and learning will occur at a marae hub in Wellington through weekly scheduled classes and four of seven weekend (Friday – Sunday) wānanga noho. Three of seven weekend wānanga noho will be delivered at the Whakatane Campus so some travel is required in this role.
In 2021, year 1 only of this three-year degree will be relaunched. The subjects covered in the first year include: Tikanga, Tū Marae, Tirohanga Rangahau, Te Ao Māori, Whakapapa, Maramataka, and Hautūtanga.
So, if you have the ability to deliver this programme to level 7 in Reo Rua or Reo Rumaki and you have a passion for strengthening whanau, hapū and iwi participation on the marae, then you may be the person we are looking for.
The successful candidate(s) will have:
- A minimum of a Masters’ degree that is relevant to the field of Matauranga Māori.
- An adult teaching qualification is preferred although a teaching qualification will also be acceptable.
- Previous tertiary teaching experience.
- Experience in the delivery of the prescribed course and programmes, specifically in the subject areas of Tikanga, Tū Marae, Tirohanga Rangahau, Te Ao Māori, Whakapapa, Maramataka, and Hautūtanga.
- Relevant Mātauranga Māori practitioner experience in a Marae context.
- Proven research experience including research underpinned by Mātauranga Māori.
- Knowledge of Tikanga Māori and its application in Matauranga Māori settings including Marae
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori is preferred however those applicants with an advanced level of Te Reo Māori competency and the ability to deliver in Reo Rua or Reo Rumaki should apply.
We offer a supportive working environment in which ongoing professional development and research contribution is highly valued and encouraged.
APPLY HERE https://www.wananga.ac.nz/about/job-vacancies/