Tamariki Ora / Well Child Registered Nurse
Te Korowai Hauora O Hauraki
Closing Date : 26 Aug 2019
Nga puke ki Hauraki ka tārehua
e mihi ana ki te whenua
e tangi ana ki te tangata
Tamariki Ora/Well Child Registered Nurse
FIXED TERM (12 MONTHS)
0.8 FTE: 32 hours per week
Mobile role covering: Te Aroha, Paeroa, Waihi, Waihi Beach
Te Korowai Hauora is a holistic Kaupapa Māori Health organisation, providing a range of services to the Hauraki rōhe. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our friendly team culture. We are proud to be one of the Hauraki’s largest employers, and value highly skilled, community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa.
As a Tamariki Ora / Well Child Registered Nurseyou will responsible for supporting families / whānau / caregivers in maximising their child’s development potential and health status between the ages of 0-5 years, establishing a foundation for ongoing healthy development and contributing to the reduction of health inequalities for Māori children and young people. This role will be varied and fast paced so you must have strong attention to detail and above all else, the ability to engage with different people – if you are a people person with a strong commitment to working in partnership with families / whānau providing ongoing support and education, identifying strengths and needs and advocating as required then this is the role for you.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A current APC and Tamariki Ora / Well Child qualification or relevant experience.
- The ability to work in New Zealand – we need someone as soon as possible.
- The ability to be work autonomously
- Be innovative and creative in thinking through issues and problems as they arise, and show initiative.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of people,
- Effective communication skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills; including time and workflow management – you will be a multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- A focus on getting the details right, attention to detail is of utmost importance.
- Computer literate, accuracy is vital.
- Flexible, energetic and proactive with a positive attitude, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
In return for your outstanding skills and expertise we offer a supportive and professional working environment with professional development opportunities and a strong focus on our core values;
- Manaakitanga - we care for one another.
- Whanaungatanga – we work together as a whanau creating unity.
- Kotahitanga - we stand together as one.
To succeed in this role you must be dedicated to improving the accessibility of service provision to Hauraki whānau and a commitment to understanding Te Taha Māori.Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki is a smokefree organisation and an equal opportunity employer seeking to appoint the most suitable person for this position.
We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support our kaupapa. If you would like to join our team then we’d like to hear from you.
Please apply through our website www.korowai.co.nz and include a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 26thAugust 2019