Whānau Ora mobile Nurse: Cancer & Cardio
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
Closing Date : 24 Jul 2019
Location: Auckland, NZ
Position Type: Full-Time
Vacancy ID: 74908548
We are seeking a Registered Nurse that will provide Whānau Ora care within the Waitemata District Health Board area. As a Whānau Ora Mobile Nurse you will assist in delivering healthcare to adult Maori patients with a big focus on cancer, cardiac and long-term care. This will involve promoting a healthy lifestyle to the community and whānau to help minimise the risk of further hospitalization.
The position requires working across Monday to Friday. For the right candidate some flexibility could be offered around working hours.
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust is an Urban Maori Authority and was founded on the strength of its social, education, health, economic and spiritual indigenous self-determination agenda - "Mana Maori Motuhake".
With over 250 staff across the company, we welcome diversity and remain true to our kaupapa of Whānau first, both within the community we serve and amongst our workforce.
To be successful in this role:
- A full NZ Drivers license
- Registered Nurse Practicing Certificate in accordance with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Ideally - Minimum 2 years post registration experience working with whānau in the community with Cardiac and Long-term conditions
- Ability to work either independently or in a team environment
- Competent in reporting accurate client information in a timely manner
- Excellent computer skills, and be familiar with Microsoft applications/platform
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy and challenging environment.
- Understanding of Maori culture and protocols
If you have what it takes and are looking for a new challenge, then apply here today and help us make a difference.
To view the job description view here
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa