Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurse
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust
- Vacancy ID : 87901418
- $28.00 to $30.00 per hour plus benefits
Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust is an urban Māori-proud community creating positive outcomes for whānau. We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Whānau Ora team.
The Well Child/Tamariki Ora service includes screening, before school checks, health and safety, education and health promotion.
Perhaps you’re a recent Graduate or looking for a new opportunity – we offer a great work life balance, working Monday to Friday only (no night shifts!).
We are committed to providing & supporting professional development (including support and guidance for Post-Graduate Diploma or the PDRP programme) as well as offering a competitive salary. Although this role is available now, we are happy to consider applications from outside of Auckland that would require time for relocation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ensuring the Waitematā and Auckland’s DHBs Treaty responsibilities are met in research practice
- A clean, full NZ Drivers license
- Registered Nurse Practicing Certificate in accordance with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Recognised qualification in Health, Social or relevant field
- Attained or studying toward Whānau Ora Diploma
- Attained or studying toward vaccinator certification
- Knowledge of working alongside tamariki/Rangatahi/whānau
- Demonstrate good understanding and application of relevant legislation specific to areas of responsibility
- Proficient IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated assessment, analytical and conceptual skills.
- An understanding of Māori culture and protocols
If you are passionate about helping the community, then we'd like to hear from you. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
View the Job Description HERE
Click this link to APPLY.